Mon 9:30AM - 5PM
Sat - as scheduled for programs
Closed all Federal Holidays, November 29, and
December 21, 2013 through January 1, 2014
(253) 565-5578 (FAX)
711 WA Relay (Deaf/Hard of Hearing)
TACID - Strategic Plan 2013-15
More than 200 individuals, including people with disabilities, caregivers, family members, professionals, and funders participated in a year long process designed to take TACID forward into the future.
In that process we defined our core values and our core business:
TACID's mission is to promote the independence of individuals with disabilities through peer support, advocacy and self-sufficiency programs.
TACID is the leading organization improving the quality of life, learning, and working for people with disabilities, while reducingcommunity costs.
- We promote respect, dignity, and worth
- We operate with honesty and integrity
- We are inclusive and welcoming
1. Provide effective, innovative and high quality service delivery in our core business of peer support, advocacy and self-sufficieny.
2. Engage the community, stakeholders, and members in activities that are effective in promoting advocacy, self-direction, and self-sufficiency for people with disabilities so that individuals and the community recognize tangible benefits.
3. To be fiscally sound and financially strong; have divers revenue sources; be transparent in our operation so that we can effectively accomplish our mission.
4. Have effective and up to date administrative systems, procedures and technology so that we can manage and evaluate our work and communicate effectively with our stakeholders.
5. Invest in organization capacity and development of staff and volunteers.
TACID's programs are composed of classes, workshops, training and one-on one coaching for people with disabilities, caregivers, and family members in the areas of Wellness & Peer Support, Independent Living and Housing, and Self- sufficiency. In addition, TACID provides a permenant supportive housing program for people with disabilities who are homeless.
TACID works directly with individuals to assess needs in 20 domains of self-sufficiency(employment, education, physical health,mental health, transportation, safety, housing, food, clothing, etc.).
Staff, volunteers and interns work with individuals to create goal plans and toconnect with services both at TACID and in the community.
Coaching & Support
We meet individuals on a regular basis to monitorprogress toward those goals and help provide coaching and support to aid people in meeting their goals for independence.
Community-Based Peer Support
Dozens of community-based peer support
groups meet at TACID on a regular basis,
providing individuals with disabilities
opportunities to network, share strategies fordaily living, and to create strong social
connections in the community.
Just some of the community-based peer
support groups that meet at TACID:
Hearing Loss Association
Pierce County Association for the Blind
National Alliance for Mental Illness
Multiple Sclerosis Peer Support Group
Muscular Dystrophy Association
Post-Polio Support Group
...and many more...